Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Big changes for the Reed family!


Corey and I have been wanting to move closer to family for a long time. Living away from them is so hard. It has taken us 10 years to make this big change. Corey got a job in Missouri! Both of us thought that this move would take months. Corey's work had other plans and gave us less than two weeks to pack up and move!!!!!!

Talk about a whirlwind! Trying to make all of the arrangements and pack our house up (which we discovered had even more junk than we realized) was absolutely nuts! Luckily we have great neighbors and friends who helped us out. Somehow we managed and made the long drive to Missouri.






Before we left Utah, our family did have a chance to spend a couple of days in Telluride, CO and absolutely loved it. Such a pretty place to visit. We checked out some old mining towns, road the gondolas, hiked up to twin waterfalls, and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather.



Now we are moved in and settled in Missouri. We decided to rent a until our house in Utah sold and figured out where we want to live.  Being next to family is so nice. I think that we are still in shock about the whole thing. Moving before everything was settled into place has been challenging, but the Lord has been there every step of the way.  Our house is under contract now! So we are praying that everything will go through.

5 comments:

RSP said...

What the!? That's awesome for you guys! I am so happy that things have worked out so that you can be where you've always wanted to be. We should catch up more- love you guys.

Mohler Blessings said...

I am so happy that you and your family is back!! YAY! It was so nice to see you a few weeks ago at church. Your family is so adorable! Take care

Burton said...

So whos gonna be our new neighbors? Got any info for us?? :)They will never be as good as you guys!!

Sarah... said...

Oh wow!! That is just pure awesome. I know how badly you guys have wanted to move closer to family! I hope the house sold and you're loving your new home. That was quick!

Sharisse said...

Wow! That is so exciting! We need your new address! I'll bet you are loving being so close to your families and I bet they love have you so close! We are so happy for you guys! We are sad for us because we won't be able to see you as much but if you are planning on being in Utah you'd better tell us so we can see about hanging out, okay! congrats on the baby boy!