Saturday, January 30, 2010

A trip to Arizona

Corey and I went to Arizona to visit our friends. We stayed at Erik and Kami's house. Kami and Corey meet about 10 years ago at a semester in Nauvoo. I met Kami in one of my student wards at BYU and later became my roommate. Corey and I met each other through Kami. I cannot believe that much time had passed. Sometimes it seems like those days just barely happened and then other times I feel like it seems ages ago. 

Corey and I were excited to be in the warm Arizona weather and let the kids play outside in the sun. Boy were we ever wrong. As soon as we came to the AZ border, there was rain and lots of it. Then the rain turned to ice and then a blizzard. Corey had to follow the semi trucks just to be able to follow the road. There was hours of driving 20 miles an hour in a blizzard! We saw rain for our entire trip there. Roads and neighborhoods were flooded ever. What a week to go to AZ! We actually had a great time and enjoyed seeing our friends.




We also were able to see the Proudfits. They use to be our neighbors. Our kids played everyday together and our families spent a lot of time together. We have missed them not living next door. Peyton and Weston have really missed each other the most. 

We also were able to Amber and Jake. I met Amber in the dorms at BYU and were roommates and good friends all through college. Then we hung out after we were both married. So it was fun to see their family and get caught up.  (Somehow my pictures were deleted on my camera. I will post the pics with them as soon as they are forwarded to me.)


Corey and I celebrated our birthdays in Arizona as well. Our birthdays are just a few days a part. We are not as old as the candle proclaims. Corey and I are not over the hill yet!  
Corey and I were talking about how all of our good friends have moved to Arizona. What is up with that! No more friends our allowed to move to AZ! :) One thing for sure, it helps that friends live within 45 minutes of each other, making it easier to see all of them. Thanks for letting us come visit and for all the fun times!


1 comments:

McGuire's said...

Fun trip! darnet about the rain. Arizona sun sounds so great right now. And Happy Birthday!