Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Fight at Costco


At our house, we are big Costco fans. Its the place for groceries, books, tools, gadgets, and odds and ends. Oh and lets not forget the samples. Peyton and I love to go to Costco around lunch time and check out all the samples. Then we top it off with a berry smoothie. Well our recent trip broke out into a fight. Poor Peyton was the victim.
So we headed into Costco for our favorite thing- samples. I put Peyton and Annisten in the front of the cart with legs facing each other so they could play together. Peyton was all excited because his favorite, pizza, was one of the samples. This was a jumbo sample too. So we stood in a long line and finally Peyton received his pizza prize.
Then all of the sudden Annisten went for the pizza. Before I knew it, I had two kids fighting, pizza flying, and a audience. Oh and of coarse they were both wearing white. Annisten stole all of the toppings and shoved them in her mouth. Peyton was left with the crust yelling "No Annie! NO!" Both kids were a mess. I had to take a time out and a dozen wipes to mend the mess. Not to mention try and get what was ever left of the pizza toppings out of Annisten's mouth. That did not go over well.
I learned that my little angel Annisten is sneaky and a food thief! Some one needs to teach her how to share. Any pointers on teaching a 7th month old not to grab food! Or maybe her parents should feed her more.

4 comments:

Barb said...

It is not easy being a mom. I was having such a hard time after Nathan was born and a friend of mine (older grandmother) just said those simeple words "It is not easy being a mom" somehow those words just rung in my ears and was a source of comfort to me. I think having two children is hard, after that....the rest are a snap. You are a wonderful mom, I was just telling Vance all the fun things you do as a mom.....Keep up the good work. Aren't kids funny, I am sure it was quite comical to an on looker not a participant.

Amy said...

That was hilarious Tiff! You're kids are really cute. I'm amazed at how big Annie is getting- and how much she's doing! Wesley still sits there... cross eyed and drooling while Annie, two weeks his junior, is snatching food! Ha! It's fun for amy and I to look at your blog.
Matt

Amy said...

Hey, I wanted to leave you a comment too! So we're (Steph Taylor and I that is) are trying to organize a lunch with some of the wives with Icon before you leave for the summer and before Steph has her baby. (she's due in 3 weeks) I think we'll do it the beginning of next week sometime. We don't have it totally organized yet, but you might get a call from me in the next few days cause we want you to come if you can :) Oh . . could you leave me your cell number on my blog if you get a chance so I can give you a ring! Oh, and you can bring your kids of course. I'll call you.

Terry said...

I think you are telling big whoppers on those two little darlings...just looking at their little faces you can tell they are angels!!