Saturday, September 20, 2008

Creepers, Crawlers, & Critters

When we came home from our summer adventures, there was a number of unwanted creepers, crawlers, and critters in our yard. There were grubs, slugs, spiders, and a mole. I put out some poison to try and get rid of our unwanted guests. After two times everything was gone except for the slugs and mole. There was a big difference in our grass and bushes after all of the pests were gone.


To get rid of the slugs, Peyton and I ended up using two containers of salt. Peyton enjoyed pouring salt on all the slugs. The must have been 200 of those little creepers.




Now the mole was another story. The little critter made huge sand and dirt piles in our grass. At first we tried collapsing the tunnels and blocking the holes. Then we tried to flood him out. Then we tried gum. Finally I went to Lowe's and picked up some stuff to get rid of him. I put put stuff out in the tunnels. The next day the mole would build in another location. Talk about annoying. It took four weeks to get rid of the little critter!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Next time try draino....heard it works great!

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

There's always the age-old mole cure- two bricks and a ton of patience. :)