With the snowstorms coming every other day, we knew traveling was going to be a mess. The day we left Salt Lake, there was a huge snowstorm. Corey and I hoped to get out of Salt Lake before the storm hit, but we were not so lucky. We were waiting for our plane's turn on the runway, when the pilot announced that the Salt Lake Airport was closed. We were lucky enough to wait the entire time on the airplane for the airport to open and then miss our connector in Minneapolis. We stayed there for the night. Corey and I were really worried about not getting out of Minneapolis before the next storm came.
As you can see, the airport was expecting a lot of stranded passengers. I am grateful that we did get a hotel for the night. Staying all night in an airport with two little ones would not have been fun. We almost did not make it out the next day as well. The only way we made it was to fly into DC (which was 3 hours away from our planned destination) and drive to Roanoke. All of us were so glad to be out of the airports and airplanes. The kids really were troopers through the whole thing. So was our family for driving 6 hours (3 there and 3 back) out of there way to pick us up. It took three days to get our luggage.
The family had a great Christmas together. On Christmas eve we did the traditional shopping run to buy a gift for the name they picked. Then we went out to breakfast. Christmas Day we opened presents, had a Christmas story, and then ate the traditional Christmas dinner. All the kids had a great time running around and playing together.

1 comments:
Aaww, that last picture of you guys is so cute! Geese, what a messy flight! I was thinking about you when the storm hit and wondered if you would get stuck in some airport somewhere. Traveling with little ones is hard enough! But, it looks like you guys had a great time once you got there :)
Hey, sorry I missed your call the other day. Long story! I'll fill you in later. I've been thinking about you, but haven't had two seconds to call. I'm going to try and call you tomorrow!
Post a Comment