Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Day of Pre-school!

Peyton started has his first day of pre-school on January 6th. The week before we talked about pre-school and the things he would do there. Peyton could hardly wait to go. He told me that he needed a new Lightening McQueen backpack for school. One morning Peyton asked me, "Mommy, are you going to miss me while I am at school? Will you be said?" Then he told me not to worry because he would come back after school. So cute. Peyton is always thinking of others.


The day finally arrived for him to go to school. All morning he told me to hurry up because I was making him late for school.  He drilled me all morning about what school was like and if I would come in with him. Once we went inside, Peyton forgot all about me and was off to check things out. He had to meet all of the kids too.
 
Peyton had a great time at school. When I picked him up, he was mad at his teacher because she made him leave his classroom (She brings the kids to the front of her house to meet the parents.) Peyton then told me he was not done with school and needed 5 more seconds; he begged to go back (He meant 5 more minutes). Before we got home, he said he needed to go back to school again after lunch. 

When Corey came home from work, he asked Peyton about school. Peyton seemed upset about school and said that he did not get to ride the school bus. Corey explained that he had to be 5 to ride the school bus. Peyton seemed OK with that and hurried off to show his daddy what he made at school.  Our little man is growing up too fast!

1 comments:

Sarah... said...

Wow! That's right, I forgot that Peyton was starting preschool! I'm glad he likes it so much. Andrew can't get enough of it! That's so funny that he needed 5 more seconds, HaHa!